I’ve made this scones recipe so many times, and every time I remember how delish and easy it is! These paleo scones come out nice and crumbly and slightly sweet and pair perfectly with coffee… mmm!
This recipe uses blueberries and walnuts, but I would highly recommend getting creative with the stir-ins.
Hope you enjoy!
Paleo Blueberry Walnut Scones
1 1/3 cups almond flour
1/4 cup arrowroot powder (ps – you can order online for so cheap!)
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup dried blueberries (can sub fresh)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend (optional but highly recommended)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line cast-iron skillet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together almond flour, arrowroot, salt, and baking powder — set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and egg. Once creamed, add to dry ingredients and stir til well combined.
4. Add blueberries and walnuts and stir a few times til incorporated (careful not to over stir because the blueberries will make your dough purple, ha!).
5. Spread into pan and use the back of a spoon or rubber spatula to shape into a smooth circle about 1 inch thick. Sprinkle some extra walnuts on top and pumpkin pie spice blend.
6. Bake for 30-35 mins or until nicely brown on the bottom. Allow to cool slightly before slicing into 8 pieces and enjoying!