I’ve made this scones recipe so many times, and every time I remember how delish and easy it is! These paleo, grain-free scones come out nice and crumbly and slightly sweet and pair perfectly with coffee… mmm!
This recipe uses blueberries and walnuts, but I would highly recommend getting creative with the stir-ins.
Hope you enjoy!
Blueberry Walnut Scones
1 1/3 cups almond flour
1/4 cup arrowroot powder (ps – you can order online for so cheap!)
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup dried blueberries (can sub fresh)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
3 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice blend (optional but highly recommended)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line cast-iron skillet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together almond flour, arrowroot, salt, and baking powder — set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and egg. Once creamed, add to dry ingredients and stir til well combined.
4. Add blueberries and walnuts and stir a few times til incorporated (careful not to over stir because the blueberries will make your dough purple, ha!).
5. Spread into pan and use the back of a spoon or rubber spatula to shape into a smooth circle about 1 inch thick. Sprinkle some extra walnuts on top and pumpkin pie spice blend.
6. Bake for 30-35 mins or until nicely brown on the bottom. Allow to cool slightly before slicing into 8 pieces and enjoying!