OK, I know summer is over but I finally got around to pulling together this post. Hopefully you can still find peaches at your grocer, but if not, I think you could substitute any seasonal fruit on top for a tasty, paleo cream pie with a graham-cracker-like crust made from almond flour and coconut oil.
Here’s a peek at how the no-bake paleo pie crust should look after you press it down into the pie plate. This pie plate is pretty large, so if you’re using a smaller plate, you could probably have your crust come up on the sides too!
Doesn’t that look scrumptious? It was :) When we first cut into this, we made the mistake of not waiting long enough for the filling to set up. It still tasted great, but after trying it the next day, it was totally different. The filling set up really nicely and the lemon zest was able to really start to flavor the cream more. If you have time to make this the day before serving, I highly recommend it!
Paleo No-Bake Blueberry Peaches n’ Cream Tart
Paleo No-Bake Almond Flour Crust:
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Paleo Cream Pie Filling:
2 cans full-fat coconut milk chilled overnight (THAI brand works best for me!)
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2-4 tablespoons maple syrup (depends on your preferences)
2 teaspoons lemon extract
2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
3 ripe peaches sliced
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
1. Chill coconut milk overnight and carefully separate out water from cream. Place pie filling ingredients into large mixing bowl and whisk/beat until soft peaks form. Set aside.
2. Combine no-bake almond flour crust ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly til you get a nice cookie dough-ish texture.
3. Press crust into pie plate using your hands. Crust should evenly cover the bottom of a large pie plate and can pull up the sides on a smaller pie plate.
4. Spread pie filling into the crust and top with sliced peaches, fresh blueberries, and a sprinkle of arrowroot powder and fresh lemon zest.
5. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.