Ya’ll already know I love a galette — aka a rustic pie. It’s simple. It’s delicious. It doesn’t have the same level of stress of a regular ol’ pie where your crust might not cook and the filling might not set or the whole top crumbles.
Plus, all the deliciousness of summer is in full swing and so much fruit is in season. Do yourself a favor and give this a go! I can guarantee that you could easily swap blueberries for blackberries, raspberries, or strawberries and have something awesome to bring to your next get-together.
For this rustic blueberry and lemon pie recipe, I once again am using my Perfect Pie Crust Dough recipe because the name says it all. If you’ve never made pie crust from scratch, I recommend trying this one out because it’s pretty fool-proof and does not crumble or tear easily.
Hope you enjoy!
Pro Tip: If you’re patient and let your Blueberry Lemon Galette cool completely, it won’t have juice running off like this. I, however, simply could not wait and needed to dig in immediately. Can confirm it tastes great while still warm and served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. 😇
The rustic style of this galette is perfect for beginner bakers because it’s not supposed to look tidy and perfect!
Blueberry & Lemon Galette
Yield: one ~12-inch tart; 8 slices
Prep time: less than 1 hr
Total time: about 2 hours
Skill-Level: Easy / Beginner
- 10 oz lemon curd (you can make it homemade if you feel so inclined; apricot preserves are also delicious here!)
- 2 pints fresh blueberries, rinsed and allowed to dry out a bit (you don’t want excess water)
- 1x pie crust dough (this is my absolute fav pie crust!) or use a thawed store-bought pie crust shell
- 1-2 tablespoons flour (for dusting)
- 1 egg (for brushing)
- sugar in the raw (for topping)
- Prepare pie crust dough and allow to chill in the fridge for at least 30 mins before using (helps firm up the butter = a more flakey crust).
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment. On a lightly floured surface, roll our pie crust dough into a large rectangle, or as close as you can get. Carefully transfer to the parchment.
- Spread lemon curd in an even layer on the pie crust, leaving the outer 1-inch free (kinda like a pizza).
- In a large bowl, toss blueberries with 1-2 tablespoons of flour till evenly coated. Spread blueberries in an even layer on top of the lemon curd and pie crust, leaving the outer 1-inch free.
- Using the edges of parchment paper as a guide, fold over the edges and pinch to seal. Brush edges with egg wash (1 egg white + 1 tablespoon water, whisked) and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400°F for 25-30 mins, or until crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. Or don’t. Just be careful of the molten-hot blueberry sauce. 😉 Cooling completely allows the filling to set instead of running.
If you loved this galette, check out this one next: Spiced Apple Galette
One Comment Add yours
This looks incredible, I might have to make it – thanks for sharing! I just uploaded a recipe for 3 ingredient scones if you want to check it out! x