Hi friends! It’s been a while since I’ve posted recipes here on the blog BUT I regularly post photos and recipes on my @PaintedFork Instagram account. So, if you haven’t already, be sure to follow me there for the latest and greatest. Already follow me on IG? Tag a friend in the comments of one of my posts to help others find my blog. Thanks in advance!
This recipe is just another iteration of my faaaaaavorite treat – a simple galette. What is a galette? Basically, it’s just a rustic pie that is shaped by folding over the dough around the edges to hold the goodies in rather than filling a deep dish. I love it because it is SO quick, simple, and completely removes the stress of soggy bottom pies.
I hope you enjoy as much as I did!
Stone Fruit Galette Recipe:
- 1 chilled pie crust dough (recipe here)
- 1 lb mixed stone fruits like peaches, nectarines, and plums cut into wedges
- 1 13oz jar of apricot preserves
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Raw sugar for sprinkling
- A pinch of ground ginger
- Roll out pie crust into a large sheet that is just about the size of a cookie sheet and about 1/2 centimeter thick. Carefully transfer to parchment lined baking sheet. Dough should be easy to handle if properly chilled.
- Spread apricot preserves in an even layer, leaving about 1 inch around the edges like a pizza with sauce.
- Toss stone fruits with flour and arrange in an even layer on top of the preserves (can be neatly arranged or just dumped and spread into an even layer).
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon raw sugar, a pinch of sea salt, and a pinch of ground ginger on top. Gently fold edges over and press to seal.
- Mix egg white with 1 tsp water and mix til frothy. Brush around edges and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake at 400*F for about 30 mins or until nicely golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool completely so juices can thicken. Enjoy!