If you’ve ever visited Asheville, North Carolina, you’ve probably eaten at or at least heard of Green Sage Cafe — it’s kind of a staple. It’s safe to say I absolutely LOVE the Buddha Bowl from Green Sage… I order it more often than I’d like to admit. Here’s my take on how you can easily remake their zesty and fresh Buddha Bowl at home with just a few simple ingredients!
The recipe for this Lemon Tahini Buddha Bowl is naturally gluten-free, vegan-friendly, and oh so simple to make. This will definitely be a new favorite lunch recipe for me, so the ingredients list below yields a single (large) serving. However, you could easily multiply this recipe and portion it out into containers for meal prep — just store the dressing and hummus in separate containers for best results.
Hope you love this zesty, Lemon Tahini Buddha Bowl recipe as much as I do! Be sure to comment below if you give it a try and follow me on Instagram if you don’t already.
Lemon Tahini Buddha Bowl
(this recipe is naturally gluten-free and vegan-friendly. yield is one serving but can easily be meal-prepped)
- 1 cup prepared grain of choice (I used cooked red quinoa)
- 1/2 cup kale sauteed with one minced garlic clove
- 1/4 cup sauteed red onion
- Simple Lemon Tahini Dressing (1 part tahini + 2 parts lemon juice)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage (or TJ’s Cruciferous Crunch mix works well here too!)
- 1/4 cup drained garbanzo beans
- Additional toppings: avocado slices and a scoop of hummus
- Prepare sauteed veggies, cooked grain of choice, and Simple Lemon Tahini Dressing; set aside.
- Assemble all of the ingredients into a large bowl starting with the grains on the bottom.
- Top with avocado slices and a scoop of your favorite hummus.
- Drizzle dressing on top and enjoy!