It’s been a while (like years) since I’ve posted an energy bar recipe but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been making them! Here’s a recipe for a batch made with just three simple ingredients: cherries, dates, and almonds. The cherries have such a nice tartness and pair well with almonds. The dates are kind of the sugary, sweet glue that helps hold it all together.
These bars are naturally gluten-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly.
Cherry Almond Energy Bars
- 2 cups dates (pitted)
- 1 cups dried bing cherries
- 1 cups dry roasted unsalted almonds
- Place everything in a food processor and pulse until almonds and dried fruit have formed a meal and can be easily squeezed into a lil’ ball. If it’s too dry/crumbly, add a few more cherries and pulse.
- Pour mixture out onto a piece of parchment paper and fold paper to cover the top. Roll the “dough” out in a flat rectangle with your hands or a rolling pin.
- Slice into desired sizes — I was able to cut into about 12 1″x1″ squares. Enjoy!
PIN IT FOR LATER: