This dish is our go-to when we want a simple but suuuuper flavorful dinner on a weeknight. As my coworkers can attest, it’s also a favorite for meal-prepping lunch for the week. The best part is that it is prepared in one pan, ONE PAN, and requires minimal prep. Honestly, it’s a win-win-win situation.
One more thing to note… You can prepare this simple skillet meal two ways: in the oven or on the stovetop.
Hope you enjoy!
Sausage & Veggies Skillet
1 lb. polish kielbasa sausage, sliced into 1″ pieces
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 cup sweet potato, sliced (butternut squash also works well in this one!)
1/2 cup fresh brussels sprouts, sliced
1 clove garlic, diced
1 tablespoon dried/fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
sea salt & black pepper to taste
1. Add about 1 tablespoon coconut oil to skillet and heat over medium. Add all ingredients and cover with lid.
2. Stirring occasionally, cook until veggies are tender and sausage is browned, about 10 minutes.
3. Serve with a garnish of rosemary and salt & pepper to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat bottom of baking dish with about 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Add all ingredients and stir.
2. Place dish in the oven and allow to bake 20-30 minutes, stirring once or twice. Allow to cook until potato is softened, onions are tender, and sausage is browned.
3. Serve with a garnish of extra rosemary, salt & pepper to taste.
4 Comments Add yours
I cannot wait to try this recipe over the weekend!!!!
Yay! Let me know how you like it :)
LikeLiked by 1 person