I recently whipped this up (literally) to use as a frosting on my Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes but I must say, it’s pretty darn good ridin’ solo. Since this doesn’t require much introduction, let’s get right to it…
Coconut Milk Chocolate Mousse
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder (to taste)
- Place a can of full fat (or regular) coconut milk in the fridge to chill overnight.
- When you open the can, you’ll have a thick layer of creme on top and coconut water on the bottom. Using a spoon, scoop out the thick creme into a bowl. You should get about 1-1.5 cups worth.
- Whisk in honey and vanilla. Then add cocoa powder. Taste-test to see if it’s chocolatey or sweet enough for you.
- Use as a topping for fruit, frosting on cupcakes or chill and enjoy as a mousse!