New recipe, fresh off the griddle, literally. This morning I had an idea to try making a tortilla out of eggs because we didn’t have any large tortillas/wraps and guess what… it works! I’m probably more excited about this than I should be but, whatever.
These tortillas are made from eggs and a splash of cashew milk (you can use whatever milk you prefer) so they are naturally suited for gluten-free, vegetarian, paleo, grain-free, keto, and low-carb diets.
We were also surprised at how sturdy these egg tortillas are — not a single split or tear while eating. That’s impressive! Eric even wrapped his with a nice closed end like a pro.
If you want to try a breakfast burrito like the ones pictured here, we simply filled the cooked egg tortillas with whatever veggies (sautéed red bell pepper, shredded sweet potato, and garlic) we had on hand plus some fresh greens, salsa, and scrambled egg. It was a lot of egg-on-egg action but I’m not mad about it. If you’re not into the idea of filling your eggs with more eggs, you could definitely go to town stuffing your burrito with lots of veggies instead.
I can’t wait to try using egg tortillas for dinnertime burritos too! Like I said, probably more excited than I should be. Recording how to make Egg Tortillas and how to make Breakfast Burritos (as pictured) separately down below so we can easily make them together or separate in the future.
Makes 1 large tortilla/wrap (about 10-inches wide) or two small tortillas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk of choice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat non-stick griddle or pan over medium heat with a bit of coconut oil.
- Whisk egg mixture and pour into thin, even layer across the griddle. Tilt griddle as needed to spread the egg around.
- Allow eggs to cook until no longer runny and can be easily flipped with a flat spatula without tearing. Turn over and allow to cook on the other side until browned.
- Remove from heat and fill with your favorite breakfast burrito ingredients. Enjoy!
Breakfast Burritos with Egg Tortillas
Makes 2 large breakfast burritos or 4 small burritos/tacos
- 2x “Egg Tortillas” (prepared)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 sweet potato, cubed or shredded
- 1 cup fresh spinach and arugula
- salt & pepper
- Prepare two “Egg Tortillas” and set aside.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat with coconut oil. Sautée bell pepper, garlic, and sweet potato until tender. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and milk with salt and pepper. Scramble eggs over medium heat.
- Fill “Egg Tortillas” with spinach, arugula, sautéed veggies, scrambled eggs, and salsa if desired.
- Wrap into a burrito and enjoy!
3 Comments Add yours