We’re currently obsessed with making snack bites using honey as the binding ingredient. It tastes great and is totally natural, which makes us super happy. They’re too easy for not to try making them…
Hope you enjoy these seriously addictive honey-powered bites!
Honey Nut Granola Bars
3/4 cup raw almonds (unsalted, rough chopped)
3/4 cup raw cashews (unsalted, rough chopped)
1/4 cup roasted sunflower kernels (unsalted)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup arrowroot powder (optional for coating bars)
1. Mix seeds/nuts of and vanilla in a medium-large bowl and set aside. Cut off a 1ft x 1ft sheet of parchment paper, set aside.
2. Coat small sauce pan with coconut oil and add honey and simmer over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally. Bring to a rolling boil (will be foamy), reduce heat to low and set timer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. After 8 minutes have passed, honey should be a dark amber color. Turn off heat and quickly (and carefully) pour honey into bowl with nut mix and stir to coat. Pour mixture out onto parchment and use flat side of a rubber spatula to smooth out into a thin and even sheet that’s about 1/4 inch thick. Allow to cool completely.
4. Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to slice into desired shapes n sizes. Enjoy!
5. For storing, I recommend placing in a storage container with lid. Place layers of parchment paper between layers of bars to prevent sticking or toss in arrowroot powder.
One Comment Add yours