This tasty blueberry, peaches and cream tart is perfect for capturing the flavors of summer without needing to slice a bunch of peaches. 😂 The filling is based off of cream cheese danishes with a sweet twist from peach preserves. The press-in pie crust is crumbly and easy to make. Plus—no rolling out dough! I topped with fresh blueberries but you could easy top with additional fresh fruit like sliced peaches or even blackberries.
Blueberry, Peaches & Cream Tart Recipe
Crust: (recipe from Bon Appetit)
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt (skip if using salted butter)
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 large egg yolks + 1 Tbsp water
- 10oz jar of peach preserves (I used Dickensons brand)
- 8oz cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- about 1/4 cup raw sugar granules
- Prepare crust by mixing dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add butter and break apart quickly using a snapping motion until crumbly. Whisk egg + water in a small bowl and then add to the crust mix. Using a slightly wet hand to avoid sticking, knead dough a few times in the bowl until it comes together as a ball and is lightly sticky.
- Press dough out evenly into a 9-inch pie plate, allowing dough to go up the sides of the dish about 3/4 of the way. Place in the freezer for 20 mins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together filling ingredients until smooth. (Some small lumps are ok!)
- Spread filling to the chilled crust and top with fresh blueberries and sprinkles of raw sugar.
- Bake at 350*F for 35-45 mins, or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Allow to cool before slicing. PS- filling will firm up a bit as it cools but will remain soft… kinda like a cream cheese danish.