Whether you’re looking for a gluten-free or paleo treat to share with a loved one for their Birthday or Valentine’s Day or heck, even just planning to eat on your own — this indulgent flourless chocolate cake is an absolute MUST try.
Not only is it insanely easy to make (hello, 4 ingredients), it’s also crazy delicious and fudgy, and looks really impressive.
I chose to garnish with a sprinkle of arrowroot powder and fresh blackberries, but you could pair with all kinds of stuff. Here’s a list of inspo for you to pick and choose from:
– drizzle of melted nut butter
– fresh raspberries
– drizzle of melted paleo-friendly chocolate chips
– toasted coconut flakes
– toasted almonds
– sprinkle of matcha powder
– whipped coconut cream
– high-quality fruit jams or compotes
– nothing! it’s super tasty on it’s own too
Hope you enjoy this tasty treat! I know we did because we devoured the entire cake in an afternoon. 😉
Fudgy Flourless Chocolate Cake
Yield: about 16 slices Prep time: 10 mins Total time: 50 mins
1. Using an electric hand mixer or blender, combine eggs and baking soda til you get a nice foamy, pale-yellow mix.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, melt together choc chips and butter in the microwave. Remember to only heat in 10-20 second intervals and to stir the mix in between each cycle to avoid burning.
3. Once you get a frosting consistency with the chocolate + butter, add to the egg mix and pulse or blend until well combine and looks like a bubbly brownie batter.
4. Pour into a non-stick 8-inch or 9-inch round cake pan or pie plate and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool completely, flip out into a serving plate and top with a sprinkle of arrowroot powder and fresh blackberries or raspberries (like shown in the pictures.) Enjoy!