We recently visited Folly Beach, South Carolina for a little spring break getaway and LOVED IT!
We stayed in a super cute beach cottage (airbnb) that was one block away from the beack. The weather was amazing. The food was a amazing. We were able to pack in a lot of exploring in Folly Beach and spent on of our days walking (and eating) around Charleston as well.
There was SO much stuff that we didn’t get to check off of our “must do/see/eat” list so we will definitely be back, especially to spend more time in Charleston!
Have you been to Charleston, South Carolina? I’d love your tips on anything else we simply must do/see/eat next time we visit.
Day One: Arrival to Folly Beach
- Arrive + check in
- Walk on the beach
- Walk around Downtown Folly Beach
- Dinner and drinks in Folly – Snapper Jacks + Taco Boy (seafood!)
Day Two: Exploring Charleston!
- Brunch at Lost Dog Cafe (get the cinnamon roll!)
- Historic Harbor Tour (complete with dolphin sightings!)
- Walk around Charleston – King Street, City Market, Rainbow Row, etc.
- RSVP: Dinner at 82 Queen (so so good! get the bbq shrimp and grits)
- Sunset walk along The Battery
Day Three: Relaxing day in Folly
- Spend the morning lounging and playing at the beach (lots of sunblock!)
- Lunch at Taco Boy (with margs, of course)
- Bike ride around the island and to the lighthouse (epic sea shell hunting)
Day Four: Wrapping up our trip and heading home
- Soak in the last bit of time on the beach!
- Lunch at Rodney Scott’s BBQ in Charleston
- Visit Angel Oak Tree (closes at 5)
- Visit Caw Caw Nature Preserve (closes at 5)
- Breakfast / Brunch: Poogans Porch; Hen and the Goat; Lost Dog
- Seafood: Bowen’s Island, Fleets Landing; Snapper Jacks (Folly)
- BBQ: Rodney Scott, Swig & Swine, Poogans
- Tacos: Taco Boy; Mex 1
- Soul Food: Husk, Jestine’s Kitchen
- Cocktails/bars: Bar at Husk, Muse, Chico Fayo in Folly,
- Romantic dinner: 82 Queen
- Soak in the sun!
- Scoot around James Edison Island
- Ride bikes around Folly
- Morning or sunset paddle boarding, kayaking or other water sport
- Harbor boat ride
- Lots of good theater /live performance options!
- Caw Caw Reservation
- Rainbow Row
- Angel Tree (James Edison Island)
- The Battery esp. at sunset/night for a romantic walk
- Historic City Market
- Pineapple Fountain at Waterfront Park
- Boone Hall Plantation
- Drayton Hall
- McLeod Plantation
- French Protestant Huguenot Church